Bernard Lown Peace Bridge
Built 1937
44.08943, -70.22135
Photograph by Nathan Holth
Built by the Phoenix Bridge Company, it is located in Lewiston and Auburn, and crosses the Androscoggin River. It is noted for its multi-span design as well as its 40’ roadway. Originally named “South Bridge”, it was renamed in 2008 to honor Dr. Bernard Lown, a cardiologist who developed the heart defibrillator.
Maine