Currituck Light
Built 1875
36.37665, -75.830636
Photograph by Andrew Rau
This lighthouse was the last one built on North Carolina’s Outer Banks and still serves to warn approaching ships hugging the chain of barrier islands along the coast. It achieved National Register of Historic Places status in 1975. The Phoenix Iron Company manufactured the steps, railings and other structural support.
North Carolina